Start Your Online Dog Trainer Course Immediately!
Students may begin the course as soon as they apply and the application is approved (usually within 24 hours). When full payment is received, successful applicants will be given a course password. Type it in, hit enter, and spring into a world of dog training knowledge!
Students who successfully complete the course will receive professional dog trainer certification.
Dog training is a very hands-on accomplishment. It’s one thing to know what needs to happen in order to improve the dog’s behavior (which comes from a solid grasp of training theory). But it’s an entirely different matter to balance a leash, a treat bag, the dog, master your timing, and navigate your training area. This is one of the weaknesses of teaching an applied skill through an online venue. However, we’re of the opinion that we have effectively bridged that gap! This online training course is an exceptional opportunity for those who simply cannot attend DTC in person and on-site.
Financing is available via the Tuition Finance Corporation. 50% of the tuition must be paid to the school as a down-payment. Depending upon credit score and other criteria, a monthly payment can be as low as $67/month. Students have up to 24 months to pay in full.* Student must first apply to the school (check yes on the application when asked if financing is needed). Upon acceptance, the school will initiate the contract via TFC.
Please note that once your course account is set up, there will be no refunds.
Students can begin the course whenever he/she chooses, upon acceptance of the enrollment application. The student can proceed at his/her own pace. Graduate as soon as you complete the course requirements. Video sharing with our instructors are set at regular intervals throughout the course. The average time-span for this course is 6-8 weeks. However students will have up to a 12 months to complete it. Students not finished after 12 months will be given an Incomplete and no refunds. Certification is granted when all course requirements have been met.
Prerequisites for the online Behavior/Obedience dog trainer course:
- A desire to train dogs on a professional level.
- A proficiency in speaking, reading, and listening to the English language.
- Sufficient physical and mental health for hands-on dog training.
- A device enabled with internet access: i.e, desktop, laptop, handheld device.
- The ability to video-share your training with our instructor/s. This could be a smart phone video or camcorder, etc.
- At least two dogs available for training. More than two is strongly preferred, however.
Items needed for training (such as leashes, treat bags, etc) are available for purchase through DTC and can be shipped directly to our online students. Contact us for current pricing, shipping, and availability.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who cannot commute to an on-location training program!
Students can begin the course whenever he/she chooses, upon acceptance of the enrollment application
The average time-span for this course is 6-8 weeks. However students will have up to a 12 months to complete it.
Students not finished after 12 months will be given an Incomplete and no refunds. Certification is granted when all course requirements have been met.
Tuition is $3,000
There is a $200 non-refundable deposit towards your tuition when you apply. Again, this deposit is applied towards your tuition for the program. Payment in full is required after the application is reviewed and accepted, unless other financing options have been agreed upon. Financing is available. With our competitive financing options, you can take this focused course for as little as $75/month.* Apply today to receive professional trainer certification from the comfort of your own home!
*Rates and terms will vary according to individual credit score, co-signer (if any), and amount of down payment.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to work with the dog – not against him; bringing out the best in the dog
- Understand the concepts behind efficient training and the fundamentals of conditioning
- Create your own website that will attract visitors and establish business credibility
- Train a variety of dogs with a variety of needs using a variety of tools in a variety of ways
- Diagnose training problems and formulate a plan to overcome them
- Manage a kennel operation in a clean, healthy setting
- Grasp the proper (and improper) use of dog training aids
- Understand the importance of socializing puppies
- House-train dogs/puppies in the best way/s possible
- Use social media as a means of marketing your brand/product
- Know how a dog “pack” works
- Realize the need for socialization and how to be thorough in socializing puppies/dogs
- Be able to train dogs in both basic and advanced obedience
- Recognize canine anatomy
- Identify canine behaviors and signals
- Diagnose different kinds of canine aggression
- Establish the foundation for beginning your own dog training business
- Recognize a variety of breeds and their inherent differences
- Understand how breeding programs influence the health and temperament of the canine
- Understand the nutritional needs of the canine and how best to meet them
- Recognize health issues of the canine and be able to administer emergency first aid
- Understand how Search Engine Optimization works and what can be done to improve yours
- Utilize various advertising and marketing options
- Be able to effectively answer your client’s questions
- Realize the many kinds of training that you may consider offering to your clients
- Phases of Training
- Correction vs. Reward
- Canine Anatomy
- Canine CPR
- Canine First Aid
- Kennel Management
- Basic and Advanced, On/Off Leash
- Proper use of a Prong collar
- Proper use of a Remote collar
- Clicker Training
- Problem Prevention
- Breed Awareness
- Dog-to-Human Aggression
- Dog-to-Dog Aggression
- Website construction
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media
- Advertising and Marketing