If you’re more than a short drive from the College, don’t sweat it! Lodging space is available.
- Dormitory-style, bunk beds.
- First-come, first-served basis
- $200 damage deposit required
- Most are shared rooms, shared bath.
- Arrangements can sometimes be made for couples
- Lodging is $200/week. Private room (if available) is $300/week.
- Students must provide own meals. A full kitchen is available
- Lodging must be paid in full on the first day of class
- Bring your own bedding for a twin bed (sheets, pillow, blankets) and linens (towels, wash cloth, etc)
- Students will be responsible for damages
- House-trained dogs (up to two) can lodge with the student. Space is usually available at our kennel if you choose to house a dog there.
- Restaurants & shopping nearby
- Rooms must be left clean and in good repair.
- A washer and dryer is available for lodgers.
Distance need not be a distraction from the Dog Trainer College. Perfect for long-distance students and international students!
Lodging is located in Spencer, IN, a 10-minute drive from our College “campus.”
Other housing options
Travel trailer. Hickory Hills campground, a 10 minute drive from DTC, is a beautiful country setting which several students have utilized. They have some outstanding positive raves. It’s remote, quiet, relaxing, and students who have stayed there say it is a very nice side-benefit of attending school here.
AirBnB has several houses in the area as well.
Rental cabins are available at Hickory Hills campground.
We have also worked out a weekly and/or monthly rate with several motels in the area, ranging from 10-20 minutes away from the school.