Single Purpose or Dual Purpose Training:
Your canine partner can be trained as a drug dog, bomb dog, firearms detection dog. Target odors can vary according to the requirements of your department and the particular needs for your community.
Dual purpose dogs (those trained in both Patrol and Odor Detection) are typically German Shepherds or Malinois. Other breeds or mixes can be considered, depending upon the needs of the department. We train both dogs and handlers in proper techniques for solid engagements on the street. Detection-only dogs (single purpose) can also be GSDs, Mals, Labs, Retrievers, or other breeds exhibiting the needed drives for the work at hand. Some of these can be trained in tracking as well.
- Realistic, life-like training and certifications
- Scent Detection: explosives, narcotics, and more
- Suspect apprehension
- Optional bi-weekly in-service training
- Free re-certs at our facility
- Some of the toughest certification standards available
- Tactical operations
- Advanced obedience, including the “Out.”
- Training and certification conducted by certified Master Trainer and Police K9 instructor
Conifer Canine is recognized by the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy (8/1/21) as a Training Provider for law enforcement officers and support personnel. Officers or personnel training with Conifer Canine can submit their training hours as required.
Contact us to discuss the needs of your department. Just starting a new K9 team? We can help! We can aid your department with standard operating procedures, importing a dog (if needed), dog and handler selection, and constructing a strong K9 unit from the ground up. We offer free consultation for serious inquiries into our police dog training services.