A School for Dog Trainers & Their Dogs!

Dog Trainer Courses

These dog trainer courses are designed for students who desire to train dogs on a professional level.  They are collegiate-level courses that are far more than a backyard hobbyist’s level, with a focused concentration on the various aspects of training.  The Dog Trainer College has the most comprehensive dog trainer courses you will find anywhere!  With a forward-thinking approach, our classes teach innovative world-class methods that are effective, humane, and proven to be highly successful

Learn More About Our Courses

Behavior and Obedience Course

6 weeks, $4900.  Begins Sept.30, 2019, March 2, 2020, July 6, and Oct.5, 2020.

Behavior and Obedience Course Online

length varies, $3475.  Begin anytime after acceptance.

Protection Dog Trainer Course

6 weeks, $5300.  Begins Sept.30, 2019, March 2, July 6, and Oct.5, 2020.

Scent Detection Course

4 weeks $3,800.  Begins April 13, August 17, 2020.

Police K9 Instructor Course

6 weeks, $5,700.  Begins Sept.30, 2019, April 13 and August 17, 2020.  Custom start dates can be arranged for groups.  Groups of 5 or more get a discounted rate.

MASTER Trainer Course

20 weeks, $15,900.  Begins March 2 and July 6, 2020.

Service Dog Trainer Course

12 weeks, $9,500.  Begins March 2 and, July 6, 2020.

Cadaver Detection Course

6 weeks, $4900.  Begins April 13 and August 17, 2020.

Note:  All of our on-site courses (located near Spencer, IN) are eligible to be covered by GI Bill education benefits for US veterans.
Student housing is available.  Housing is not included in the tuition.  It is available for $150/week.  Space is limited; apply early to reserve your place.
All classes (except online) meet Monday-Friday from 9am to 5pm.

An overview of the professional dog trainer courses offered by the Dog Trainer College!

Learn the basic foundations, real techniques and the latest dog training methods with professional dog training certification classes in Indiana from Conifer Canine’s Dog Trainer College. Experienced dog trainers teach students how to work hands-on with each canine using today’s most effective training techniques. Small class sizes, up-to-date training, progressive thought and comprehensive education ranks Dog Trainer College among the highest standards of performance in the industry. Each student leaves their classes with complete command over each training method and confidence in their skills. Confident, experienced trainers make successful canines and each student will cultivate the skills and attitudes necessary to train any dog in any field. Classes consist of lectures and discussions, field experience and practical testing, with approximately 30% of the course being classroom exercises and the remaining 70% consisting of field exercises.Start your dog training education and become a certified, professional dog trainer. Watch the video to learn more and start your application online to register for courses. Give us a call for more information on any course and sign up today.

Dog Trainer College has 3 semesters a year beginning in the first Monday of March, July, and October. Please note that the Master Trainer Course and the Service Dog Trainer course are only available in the March and July semesters.

dog trainer courses

When do the dog trainer courses start?

Spring Semester

Begins March 2, 2020

  • Openings are currently available.
  • Space is limited. Reserve your place today.
  • The deadline for both enrollment applications and financial aid applications (including VA education benefits) is Feb. 17.

Summer Semester

Begins July 6, 2020

  • Behavior/Obedience, Protection Trainer, Master Trainer & Service Dog Trainer Courses
  • Openings are currently available.
  • The deadline for both enrollment applications and financial aid applications (including VA education benefits) is June 22.
  • Space is limited. Reserve your place today.

Fall Semester

Begins October 5, 2020

  • Openings are currently available.
  • Space is limited. Reserve your place today.

Copyright © 2019 Dog Trainer College - Conifer Canine LLC. All Rights Reserved | Sitemap