This leading-edge online course has been developed to not only perpetuate our strengths but also to surpass the weaknesses of other inferior online courses:
- In our online course, the student trains dogs on his/her own and at times with the oversight of certified dog trainers who are experienced instructors as well. We can correct bad training habits in up-and-coming dog trainers before they are developed. In other online courses, your training “experience” comes from working with Shelters (or equivalent) where there are few (or no one) who can critique whether you’re training correctly or incorrectly. Therein you could be learning incorrect habits and not even know it.
- Oversight and interaction with a professional certified dog trainer is one of the strengths of our course. Throughout the course, the student will have opportunities for video sharing and interaction with one of our instructors. We will observe your training and critique it accordingly. It’s the next best thing to face-to-face instruction. Other online courses have little interaction with an experienced trainer certified through applied testing and proven ability. Some even have a rather dry, distant approach.
- Our courses include training theory but also make a major emphasis upon actual, hands-on, practical training experience. The student gets the opportunity to implement the theory they have learned. All of this is given with feedback and oversight from an experienced trainer. You learn what to do and what not to do as a trainer. Other online courses major in training theory with little realistic emphasis on hands-on training – in spite of powerful ads stating otherwise.
- Our courses are handled by dog trainers, not marketers. That is, the student gets to interact with another trainer – not just a professional sitting at a desk and typing information back and forth, or a marketer who can tell you what you want to hear. Their courses are handled by marketing professionals who are trained to tell you just what you want to hear. Our courses are handled by dog training professionals who will help you to reinforce good training habits and reduce poor habits.
Students can begin the course whenever he/she chooses, upon acceptance of the enrollment application. The student can proceed at his/her own pace. Graduate as soon as you complete the course requirements. Video sharing with our instructors are set at regular intervals throughout the course. The average time-span for this course is 6-8 weeks. However students will have up to a 12 months to complete it. Students not finished after 12 months will be given an Incomplete and no refunds. Certification is granted when all course requirements have been met.
Prerequisites for the online Behavior/Obedience dog trainer course:
- A desire to train dogs on a professional level.
- A proficiency in speaking, reading, and listening to the English language.
- Sufficient physical and mental health for hands-on dog training.
- A device enabled with internet access: i.e, desktop, laptop, handheld device.
- The ability to video-share your training with our instructor/s. This could be a smart phone video or camcorder, etc.
- At least two dogs available for training. More than two is strongly preferred, however.
Items needed for training (such as leashes, treat bags, etc) are available for purchase through DTC and can be shipped directly to our online students. Contact us for current pricing, shipping, and availability.
There is a $200 non-refundable deposit towards your tuition when you apply. Again, this deposit is applied towards your tuition for the program. Payment in full is required after the application is reviewed and accepted, unless other financing options have been agreed upon. Financing is available. With our competitive financing options, you can take this focused course for as little as $75/month.* Apply today to receive professional trainer certification from the comfort of your own home!
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who cannot commute to an on-location training program!
*Rates and terms will vary according to individual credit score, co-signer (if any), and amount of down payment.